Following Leeds SCITT, Norfolk Better to Best and Canterbury Christ Church University, Carillon is the latest training provider to promote Cooperative Learning. This Essex-based operation has a wealth of experience in delivering support for schools in the form of continuing professional development for staff.
This dual session demonstrates to headteachers, senior leaders and teachers, from KS2 to KS5 how simple Cooperative Learning activities may be used across all subjects to generate outstanding teaching and learning.
By attending this course, participants will be able to deploy CooperatiCarillon Strategic Educational Supportve Learning in their classrooms to achieve a variety of goals:
- Training procedural skills (e.g. Maths, SPaG)
- Comprehensive reading of any text type
- Collaborative creative writing
- Activating prior knowledge
- Sharing knowledge, reflections, and ideas effectively across class
- Retaining / explaining knowledge
- Making students aware of their own learning process and knowledge gaps (metacognition)
- Providing formative and summative assessment
- Securing written evidence of learning in peer-to-peer learning
- Integrating metacognition, feedback, and learning differentiation
- Improving social skills
“Carillon’s objective is to deliver value for money services which are tailored to your needs…”
Book now on carillonstrategic.co.uk.
Course duration 9.30am – 3.30pm (full day) and 9.30am – 12.30pm (half day)
Dates Friday, 3rd March (full day) and Thursday, 30th March (half day) 2017
Venue The Tickfield Centre, Tickfield Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6LL
Price £260.00 Offer -Fully funded for Carillon members.