The first video from the educators’ workshop Healing Fractures II – Beyond Birmingham? during Islam Awareness Week 2015 now online.
Opens video in new window.
“Healing Fractures II” video library here. Also see more on the Mona Siddiqui anecdote:
A post on the day’s outline to come up later. Get notifications of related posts on twitter.
The workshop enquired into various themes, including:
- systemic issues and the purpose of ‘modern’ education in secular post-modernity
- community building boundaries; Birmingham, et al.
- the new role of religion and Religious Education: SMSC, PHSE, Citizenship & British values
- student-centred paradigms; renegotiated power relationships or egotism?
- social constructivism as a democratic skill set; British values as an example
- beyond now; P4C, the Trivium and the Islamic connection in English educational history
- Islam and Muslim alternative education; problem for whom or solution to what?